With such recent discussion on micro projector5 about the glory that will be the laser pico projector, news that microvision are actually preparing to ship thier laser pico was not so quickly expected! The Microvision Showwx pico laser projector will be the first commercial laser projector to ship, being sold through OEM distribution channels an reaching Asia and Europe within the next few weeks!
This is great news for pico projectors as another technology hits the market, the microvision showwx will be considerably brighter than the other offerings currently available in the pico projector marketplace as it ill be using a laser engine to drive the projection. Microvision claim an image ranging from 6inchs to 100inchs or more, while this is yet to be proven. With a WVGA resolution (848 x 480) this laser based pico projector is set to come into the market as real competition.
While completly unknown we would expect pricing to come in relative to the other products in market, our guess would be under the £400 price range but probably more than £300. Watch this space for more news and the best price as soon as it hits the uk retailers!
Preliminary Specifications of the Microvision Show Wx laser pico projector:
- Resolution: WVGA (848 x 480)
- Brightness: 10 Lumens
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (nominal)
- Contrast Ratio: > 5,000:1
- Throw Ratio: 1:1( projection distance / image diagonal )
- Image size: 150 mm to 2500 mm (6 in to 100 in)
- Projection Distance: 150 mm to 2500 mm (6 inches to 100 inches)
- Focus: No user focus adjustment needed. Image is always in focus, even on curved surfaces
- Regulatory: Class 2 laser product.1 UL listing planned
- Inputs: TV(Composite), VGA (RGB) an Stereo 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Size: 14 mm (.55 in) x 60 mm (2.36 in) x 118 mm (4.64 in)
- Weight (with battery): 122 g
- User replaceable battery
- Charged via Micro-USB